Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Do you enjoy me?

I finally had the time to read The Giver
a very good book Pictures, Images and Photos

It's a very complicated story but very interesting. It taught me about a different life, how it was and their systems and rules. The story tells about a boy named Jonas, he was chosen out of the rest to be the sumthing of Memory (i read it late last night i forgot some words) HE met The Giver who gave him memories of the past, before long ago, before they came to the "Sameness". He learned color and pleasure and pain. Other people in the "Sameness" could not feel pleasure or pain and they could not see colors and music either. It was taken away from them because it has sumthing to do with order and discipline.

One of the rules i thought was funny was that they are not allowed to use the word "Love".. When Jonas asked the parents "Do u love me?" THey got mad and told him not to use such a broad word,, they told him to ask them "Do u Enjoy Me?" instead.. Idk,, it sounded dirty...

I know its complicated,, i know i suck at summing the story,, but it is hard. U have to read it ur own to know the story,, trust me ,, I read through the whole book for just a day,, That rarely happens, just when im totally absorbed to a book.

Now to some school stuff,, i joined the spelling bee yesterday,, actually forced in the Spelling BEe. And i have some confession. I cheated! I can't help it,, the paper was right on my face and it has the right answer. Thankfully i'm not the only one. And i got what i deserve,, i got disqualified at the second round. Cheaters never win,, i never wanted to join anyway...


PS. I cheated during Essay writing contest too.... I bet i won't win.

No comments: